A listing on HistoricForSale.com provides you with an ideal platform for the historic homes, buildings and other historic structures you currently have or will soon have listed for sale.
SIGN UP: List Your Home or Property
What is included in my listing?
- Up to 11 color photos
- Full contact information is included - name, company affiliation (if applicable), phone/fax/email and link to your website.
- Unlimited text that describes the property's Physical Description, Property History, and any Misc. Notes.
- Viewers of your listing can email it automatically to a colleague, client or friend looking to purchase a historic home.
- Google™Maps provides satellite view of each property.
Fees for Listing your historic home or historic structure for sale:
- 2 month listing = $70.00
6 month listing = $125.00
12 month listing = $185.00
- Please note - fee is per listing. If the home or property sells before the listing period ends, the listing fee is not refunded.
- Additional Exposure on PreservationDirectory.com:
- You will have the option of also listing your property on our partner website, the long-established historic preservation and historic real estate website PreservationDirectory.com, for a small additional fee.
- PreservationDirectory.com receives approx. 4,500 unique user hits per day, from your target audience - historic homeowners, historical society members, National Trust for Historic Preservation members, architects, restoration professionals, and those interested in purchasing historic homes.
- Your HistoricForSale.com login and password for our secure members area will work on PreservationDirectory.com - making editing, monitoring, renewing and/or featuring your listing a breeze across both websites!
- Fees for listing your home on PreservationDirectory.com:
- 2 month listing - add $15 (total for both sites = $85)
- 6 month listing - add $25 (total for both sites = $150)
- 12 month listing - add $35 (total for both sites = $220)
- How do I list my property on PreservationDirectory.com?
- You will be prompted on the secure submit form - simply check the box when prompted and your listing will be added to PreservationDirectory.com's historic real estate for sale directory.
- Featured Listing Options (per property):
- Listing on "Featured Property Page" for 1 week = $25.00
- Listing on homepage and sidebar of website (your listing will appear on EVERY page of PreservationDirectory.com) for 1 week = $65.00 (includes listing on "Featured Property Page" at no additional charge)
- Social Media Posts - every featured property will be posted to:
- For more information on a "Featured Listing", please click here.
Does my home or property qualify? What qualifies as a historic or vintage home?
- The only criteria we use for being able to list on the site is that the home or property must be 50 years old or older. The home or property does not have to be listed on any local, State or National Register of Historic Places - again, it must only be 50 years old or older.
ADVANTAGES OF LISTING YOUR HISTORIC PROPERTY WITH HISTORICFORSALE.COM:
- AUDIENCE - We are a primary destination of your target audience: architects, historical society members, building restoration professionals, National Trust members, historic homeowners, downtown and mainstreet revitalization professionals, and others interested and involved with historic and cultural resource preservation.
- MANAGE YOUR LISTING 24/7 - Upon adding your first home/building, you will be assigned a login and password, which will provide you the ability to monitor your listings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You maintain constant access and will be able to alter sell price, insert new photos, change contact information, etc. whenever you like! Don't worry - we're here to provide full support in case you have any questions along the way.
- INSTANT UPLOAD OF YOUR LISTING - Your listing is added to the site seconds after submitting the online form. There is no need to wait hours or days to view your listing on the site, or to send files in a separate email. Also, our form makes uploading photos easy - no need to send them to us in a separate email (photo uploading can be done directly through the listing form).
- TRACK HITS TO EACH LISTING - A new feature that has been added, due to popular demand, is the ability to review the number of hits to each of your listings. After logging into your secure members area, you will see current stats for each of the listings you currently have on PreservationDirectory.com.
- PHOTO UPLOAD MADE EASY - Upload your photos directly through the listing form. No need to send them in an additional email (please note, you will still have the option of sending the photos via email or by postal mail if you prefer). Also, you can choose the order in which the photos appear and revise your photos at any time.
- CONVENIENT LISTING PERIODS - Tailored to your needs, we now offer listing periods of 2 months, 6 months or 12 months.
- GOOGLE™ MAPS INTEGRATION - Your historic home or property for sale is automatically linked to Google™ Maps, allowing our website users (and your potential buyers) the ability to easily find your historic property for sale.
- ADDITIONAL EXPOSURE AVAILABLE:
- Two new ways to feature your property - upon submitting your listing, you will have the opportunity to list the property (1) on the homepage and on the navigation bar on EVERY page for 1 week, or (2) on our Featured Property page for 1 week.
- Each property is placed on the "New Listings" page for 2 months at no additional charge.
- Our e-newsletter is distributed each month to currently over 7,000 people actively seeking historic property - your property is featured for 2 months (2 issues) at no additional charge.