30 Bromley Roadnue
Pittsford, NY 14534
Phone: (503) 308-0500
Send Us an Email!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
HISTORIC REAL ESTATE FOR SALE QUESTIONS:
- I am a professional real estate agent - can I list on HistoricForSale.com?
- Yes, we accept listings from the homeowner and/or professional representatives of the historic property. Click here to learn more about listing your historic property.
- Real Estate Agent Directory - we also maintain a directory of real estate agents who are passionate about historic preservation. Full page listings include your contact information, photo, your mission statement, and a cross-referenced display of your current property listings on our site (with link to the listing). In addition to the excellent additional exposure this provides, you also receive an automatic 20% discount on property listings activated while your real estate agent listing is active! For more information about this directory, click here.
- My home for sale is not currently on the local, Statewide, or National Register of Historic Places - can I still list it on your site?
Yes. The only criteria we use for being able to list on the site is that the home or building must be 50 years old or older.
- How do I list my home(s) on your site?
Our convenient and secure online form allows you to submit your listing information, as well as all or your photos, directly to us. After you submit your listing, you will be provided a login and password so that you can maintain your listings 24/7 - we are also able to help answer any questions or help revise your listing if needed. Click here to learn more about listing your historic property.
- After I submit my historic property for sale, how long until it appears on your website?
We receive an email immediately after you submit your historic property for sale via our online form. This notifies us that a property is pending, and allows us the ability to scan for typo's and make sure everything looks good before it goes live to the website. This process only takes a few minutes - if submitted between 7am and 10pm PST, your listing can typically be on the website within minutes or no more than 1-2 hours (we are normally chained to our computers, so expect a speedy activation, as again this process only takes a few minutes).
- After I list on your site, how do I make changes to my listing(s)?
After you submit your listing, you will be provided a login and password so that you can maintain your listings 24/7. You will have full access to your listing through our secure "Members Areas", and will be able to change the sell price, alter your contact information, upload new/alternate photos, and make any other revision that is needed. Please note, we are always available to help answer any questions or help revise your listing if needed. Click here to learn more about listing your historic property.
HISTORIC FUNDING QUESTIONS:
- I am interesting about funding sources and tax incentives for an upcoming project on my historic building or home - do you have resources you could recommend?
There are many resources available to help fund preservation projects, including tax credits and other financial incentives provided by government organizations:
- SHPOs - we always suggest that your first stop should be to your State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), as they can outline all the programs specific to your State, County or City. We maintain a list of all SHPOs on our site - click here for a current list of SHPO's.
- Other Resources:
Search for historic homes and property
List your home or property for sale